As a user, when you finish a course you make a choice between turning half your Relevance into cash, losing these STUT tokens, and keeping all the STUT tokens as Relevance. Why should you keep them as Relevance?
First, you may be interested in keeping all STUT tokens as Relevance with the goal of becoming the best user in that skill, because 30% of the incomes coming to Tutellus from companies in search of profiles such as yours will be for you.
Second, the reason for the company to search profiles may be of interest by itself:
- A job offer
- Working in a project as a freelancer
- An offer to test a product or participate in an event
- Access to data to get information on the best profiles
So we expect two types of behaviour among our users:
- - users that want money in the short term. They will trade STUT tokens for fiat and lose Relevance
- - users that bet for themselves in the long term, for being the best at something, with bigger benefits in the future.
Both things can be done at the same time, since the trade choice is made per course. A user may, for example, keep the Relevance in courses associated with the skill 'Programming', while trading everything else.